Author: Li Mingde
Publisher: Law Press
Publication Date: April 1st 2014
Paperback: 1003 pages
Professor Li Mingde
* Doctoral supervisor at Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS).
* Researcher and chief intellectual property law expert at Institute of Law, CASS.
* Director of IP Research Center in CASS.
* Expert with the Academic Review Panel of the National Social Science Fund of China * Standing Vice-President of China Intellectual Property Law Association. * Member of National Intellectual Property Expert Advisory Committee.
* Arbitrator of China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission.
American Intellectual Property Law is the most comprehensive and authoritative academic book up to date. It is written for intellectual property teachers, students and researchers. But it will also give great enlightenment to judges, procurators, lawyers, legal personnel of enterprises, administration staff and people who are interested in IP.
The first edition of American Intellectual Property Law, when first published in 2003, was shortlyout of stock. It was warmly welcomed by IP practitioners both in academic and practical circle. The second edition of the book, which Professor Li spent over ten years to enrich, improve, revise and update based on the first edition, provides more accurate and authoritative analysis on American’s IP law system.
The book systematically and comprehensively elaborates American’s IP law system. The book is comprised of 20 chapters with 1.19 million words. With rigorous logic and profound conception, the book provides in-depth theory and breadth of knowledge. It is an exceptional reference book for Chinese IP practitioners to learn American’s IP law system.
One outstanding feature of the book is it interprets the law by analyzing cases, which makes it a legible book. The book vividly illustrates and interprets the connotation and development of IP rules, and the role that IP laws play in maintaining market relations and promoting social and economic development.